Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

С Новым Годом! Which is Happy New Year in Russian (pronounced S Novym Godom). All the best wishes for 2008 and good luck to all of you trying to join the Ivey family this year!

Special thanks to all of You, our readers, for making the first year of the Ivey MBA blog such an overwhelming success. Having started at the end of February 2007 this blog has seen almost 5,000 unique visitors from all over the world since its inception.

Thank you for all the emails asking for a follow-up posts. I guess people are finding this stuff at least somewhat useful. I'm personally guilty of not having written in a while and there’s a good reason for that: it’s been a very busy couple of months with school, recruiting and the other fun stuff all happening at the same time!

Good news is that graduation is only 16 weeks away and I’m about 15 weeks away from running dry on my student loans. One might say its a good timing, while others might argue that it’s the pure genius of an evil mind, either way I can’t believe that our cohort is so close to being done…

So here it comes! Over the next couple of weeks I’ve set myself an ambitious goal: I’m hoping to write a couple of new posts talking about our Globe module and the second round of electives which we finished in December, our China study trip, advantages/differences between the two Ivey MBA cohorts, and finally some general fun stuff about the city of London Ontario. So one might ask: Is this goal a bit too ambitious? - Maybe. But is it impossible? - Never!

Finally, there’s now hope of actually saving my back while I attempt this near Guinness record. I’ve ordered myself an Asus Eee laptop which is supposed to be a new disruptive innovation coming from Asus. Weighting a mere 2lb (1kg) and advertised to cost only $200, in reality it costs $400 (hence the above mentioned one week shortfall in my self financing though student loans) it will hopefully act as my muse and will also be much easier to carry around on my expeditions to Starbucks.

Till next time,
George

No comments: