Friday, April 13, 2007

Ready, Set, ...

Yet another week flew by, bringing me closer to the start of my MBA program. Two weeks left until the start of the Pre-MBA and four until the start of the actual program. I almost cannot believe that I’m about to start it. The torture of GMAT and the uncertainty of the application process still fresh in my mind.
Car is sold, student loans are lined up, and apartment is ready. I do have to say that it went much smother than I originally expected. Only two and a half months ago I was submitting my application to Ivey and anxiously awaiting the verdict. Then came the challenge of the interviews and the excitement of acceptance. So for the past two months I have been running around trying to balance finishing/handing off projects at work, getting though the project management courses that I decided to take for “fun” back in January, and getting things lined up for the MBA program.
To add a bit more excitement to the mix I’ve decided to email all of my future profs and ask for the book recommendations (some of which you can find in the right menu). Needless to say I sometimes wonder if employees at Starbucks ever get tired of me, I think by now they simply view me as a part of the store interior.
Now that I have a second to reflect on the past couple of moths, I realize that I’m about to open a new and exciting page in my life, the MBA for me is full of unlimited possibilities. At the same time I'm keeping in mind the fact that an MBA is not a silver bullet that will get you the dream job, but it’s an enabler that if used as prescribed will help your optimize your efforts to get that job. But non the less it brings me a step closer to realizing my goals.

No comments: